Wednesday 26 February 2014

When I Get The Blues



When I Get The Blues





I wish I didn't get so melancholy at times! I wish these little storms of gloom would never show up. I wish that things wouldn't seem so hopeless at times. But then, I suppose the fact of life is that these isolated and empty feelings, these clouds of gloom however unfortunate it may are doomed to haunt us from time to time, their decease scheduled at the very same moment as ours. I suppose the classic musical "The Sound of Music" where Maria (Julie Andrews) tells the children that whenever she's sad, she simply thinks of all of her favorite things has some truth to it after all. So, if you ever have a bad day, a day where all hope seems lost… first off, I encourage you to remember that not only will things get better, but also, take a moment to consider all of the wonderful things you already are blessed with! Think of all of the happy things in life. After all, there are so many! 


Whenever I remember to swathe my mind in not empathy, not compassion… and instead lather myself with thoughts of just how many reasons I have to be happy… it's like a crutch, it lifts me back on my feet again! 


It can even be something as simple as the beauty of nature, the gift of flowers, of picturesque scenes all around us, of delicate little animals, all gifts from the loving hand of God. Those are things that are just as capable of lifting my spirits. 


It can even be something so little as this fuzzy little kitten…



This hamster…


These baby fox…



This bunny eating a banana…




This German Shepherd puppy's reaction to a telephone…







This blossoming pink rose…





This blossoming red rose…




The Northern Lights…



Paris when it sizzles…





Big Ben at night…


This baby owl…



This momma bird fetching food for her babies…



These gorgeous wildflowers…





These lovely wishing flowers…






This cat throwing a crown of daisies off of his face…





This little birdy flying away…





Thumper smashing his face in a bed of flowers…




This bashful bird…




This little baby yawning…



This little hedgehog…



This Panda mom dragging her cub…


These people holding hands…



These sea otters holding hands…



This little fawn hiding beneath it's mother...



This shooting star…



Minnie and Mickey Mouse jamming on the piano…


This ferret…


This baby tiger…



This lion cub chewing on a pole…





These affectionate little cubs…




These Hawaiian tide…




This girl and her dog…



The swaying branches of palm trees…



Double Rainbows…



This Sugar Glider




This hungry Red Panda



This mischievous raccoon…





These blossoming yellow flowers…



The smell of spring…



Spring breezes...



Sunrise…



Another day, another moment to cherish…

See, so many things to replace that frown with a smile. Even the littlest things too!

What makes you happy?



xoxo ~ Erin <3




No comments:

Post a Comment